Wednesday, June 3, 2009

May 18 email: I did get a new comp and a new area. His name is Elder Ford and he Hails from South Jordan, Utah (2 doors from the new temple Oquirrh Mtn) ...When I got here Ford said, "Welcome to Salinas, the work is slow/nonexistant but the members are awesome!" I was thinking....hmmm we's got some work to do. This week we've found 2 new investigators and committed somebody for baptism,

June 1 email: We had a baptism on Saturday, of Rui Couto, who hails from the Azores Islands outside of Portugal. He is an incredibly humble, eager, strong convert. I have so loved my opportunity to know him. President Jackson came and 4 other missionaries, his non-member parents, and the Reyes family, which is a family we are teaching (PM) They loved the baptism and we even got their 19 year old son to come, who has been struggling in life, but I think has hit a pivot point where he indeed felt something. President Jackson asked them when they were getting baptised, Ikaika said he didn't have one yet but wanted to learn more. He will come. Their family also came to church on Sunday and I got to stay with Donde and Bryson in primary. (Donde is the father who is a strong catholic, but he is starting to show interest in our beliefs; he is very internal though and it is sometimes hard to tell what all he is feeling) So we're exited about them, these people are Elder Ford's whole world right now.
So in sunday school, the teacher asked about experiences about the spirit and Bryson (5 yrs old boy) gave the story of the 3 little pigs! The teacher and Donde (his father) cried laughing, Bryson saw them but was still happy.
Nora will be baptised this saturday.

No comments: